Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Oasis’ ethos is based on an overarching theme of Inclusion; welcoming, encouraging and enabling all to achieve their best whatever the challenges may be in doing so.
As an Academy we:
- Identify children with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) and ensure provision is made in accordance with the SEND Code of Practice
- Have an appointed SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator)
- Invest in whole Academy and targeted training for staff
- Ensure that teaching is inclusive and support practices are embedded throughout the Academy
- Ensure that all teachers understand that they are teachers of SEND
- Plan for transitions across all Key Stages
Oldham SEND IAS Service exists to help parents and carers of children who have, or may have, special educational needs and/or disabilities; and children and young people themselves, in matters relating to their Education, Health or Social Care provision.
Their support services are tailored to your individual needs and are both personal and confidential. They can offer you:
- Independent information about Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND).
- Support is available by phone, email, website and face to face meetings
- Advice about working with those involved with you, your child or young person.
- Information about local support networks.
- Support to arrange Mediation and Disagreement Resolution.
- Support with SEND Tribunal claims.
- Opportunities to improve and shape services through our SEND IAS Steering Group.
- Our role is to enable children, young people and their families to support themselves.
Who is the best person at the academy to talk to about my child’s Special Educational Need?
Our Strategic Lead for SEND is Mrs Lauren Norris You can contact her either via the Academy address or by telephone or email.
T: 0161 770 5400
M: 07803 514055
EYFS and Lower School SENDCo: Miss Z Mohamed
Upper School SENDCo: Mrs E Charles
SEND Assistant: Miss N Beswick
We are available to talk to about any issues you may have regarding to the care and education of your child, including whether they may have a special education need, whether their needs are being met or anything in their learning plans.