Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
"We believe that nothing can be more effective than a teacher who has a deep understanding of a pupil and has confidence and skill to adapt and mould any learning experience."
Here at Oasis Academy Clarksfield We:
- We pride ourselves in forming positive and impactful relationships with all individuals
- We identify children with Special Educational Needs and or Disabilities (SEND) and ensure the correct provision is made in accordance with the 0-25 Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEN) Code of Practice, September 2014
- We are dedicated to the ongoing development of an inclusive curriculum and therapeutic environment for pupils with SEND which will then be of benefit to all pupils
- We remove barriers to allow all children to access the full curriculum, and make progress and attain alongside and in line with their peers.
- We prioritise and invest in bespoke training for staff
- We have an ongoing commitment to creating the right environment, effective adaptations and scaffolding for all pupils to thrive, we aim to reduce the need for drastic adjustments to the curriculum
- We plan carefully for smooth and effective transitions at all stages of education
Who To Contact:
Deputy SENDCO: Miss L McDowell
SEND Assistant: Miss G Murphy