Role of Parents
We believe that all parents/carers have an important role to play in the education of their child. Therefore we try our best to ensure that parents/carers are made to feel welcome and valued in their dealings with all members of staff. We recognise the role that you have played in shaping the development of your child, and the value in your partnership with the education going forward. We do this through:
- Providing opportunities for parents/carers to talk about their child with the Nursery Leaders before starting school with us
- Offering parents regular opportunities to talk about their child’s progress in our nursery encouragement to spend time with the children during their first few weeks of settling in
- Encouraging parents and carers to talk to staff if there are any concerns. If needed a meeting will be set up between the staff and parent/carer so that any issues can be resolved quickly. There is a formal meeting for parents during the year at which the teacher and the parent discuss the child’s progress in private with the teacher. Parents receive a report on their child’s attainment and progress at the end of each school year
- Having flexible admission arrangements that enable children and parents/carers to become secure, and by allowing time to discuss each child’s circumstances
- Arranging a range of activities throughout the year that encourage collaboration between child, school and parents/carers
- Offering a range of activities that support the involvement of parents.