English As An Additional Language
Here at Oasis Academy Clarksfield we are dedicated to the ongoing development of an inclusive curriculum and an environment that is cognitively effective for pupils who are learning English as an Additional Language which will then be of benefit to all pupils.
As An Academy We:
- Assess our EAL learners on entry to our school, using the N.A.S.S.E.A. EAL assessment framework. This helps us to establish an initial entry level to set ambitious and appropriate targets, along with teachers.
- Ensure that teaching is inclusive and supportive practices are embedded throughout the Academy
- We remove language barriers to allow all learners to access the full curriculum and make progress and attainment alongside and in line with their peers.
- Through an ongoing commitment to creating the right environment using effective adaptations and scaffolding for all pupils to thrive, we reduce the need for adjustments to the curriculum.
- We have high expectations of all students irrespective of their ethnic, cultural or linguistic heritage