Here at OA Clarksfield we believe and value the importance of children being able to learn and explore outdoors.
Our Reception and Nursery outdoor areas provide your child an opportunity to experience the world beyond the classroom as an essential part of learning and personal development. The outdoor environment has massive potential for providing learning opportunities.
Children access the outdoors daily no matter what the weather so it is important that your child comes to school fully prepared come rain or shine.
Recent studies have highlighted some benefits of outdoor learning for young children:
- Higher levels of conversational language.
- Greater independence.
- Improved health and sleeping patterns.
- Greater physical competence and agility.
- Improved time focus on activities and more concentration.
- A greater understanding of nature and the environment.
- Improved social skills, involvement and initiative.
Children remember outdoor learning experiences. Learning outdoors can be enjoyable, creative, challenging and adventurous and helps children learn by experience and grow as confident and responsible citizens who value and appreciate the natural environment.