The Academy wishes pupils to enjoy the sun safely.
- When pupils are outside they will be required to wear sunhats (provided by parents/carers with their name written inside).
- Sun hats should preferably be wide-brimmed/legionnaire type to cover face, ears and neck.
Wearing of sunscreen
- Parents/carers are encouraged to apply a high factor protection sun cream to their children in the morning when the weather is warm. (The academy is not able to provide sunscreen due to different skin types and potential allergy issues).
- Any pupil who does not have a sunscreen on, will be required to stay in the shade.
- The school will hold outdoor activities in areas of shade whenever possible, and encourage students to use shady areas during breaks, lunchtimes, sports and trips.
- Wherever possible, outside activities will be timetabled outside the peak hours of 12.00 and 2.00pm.